Let’s face it, relying solely on your existing customer base is dangerous. It’s easy to get caught up in running your business day-to-day and miss those opportunities to bring in new customers, but don’t leave yourself exposed! Losing just a few can put a real strain on your top line if you’re not actively engaging new customers. Let’s explore some simple ways to get new clientèle through your door here in West Berkshire and maintain a healthy equilibrium between new and existing customers.
- Who do you need to attract?You may not need a 25 page document on who your target market is, but you do need a fairly detailed profile of your target customer. Think about your current customers and those you want to attract. Is there a disparity? Profile your ideal customer and build your marketing material around that.
- Try something new.Us Newburians love something with a bit of buzz about it. Get involved in the local community, host or participate in a charity event, the list is endless. You’ll be amazed at the number of local people you can reach. Create a stir, get people involved, and make sure you publicise it!
- Give incentives. Ah, an old favourite. New customer discounts or even try before you buy motivators have always worked a treat for businesses large and small, and it doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg. Choose something that’s of low cost but of high perceived value. It doesn’t matter what your business does, offering a discount will always get people flocking in their droves!
- Use existing customers. There’s nothing more powerful than word of mouth, and that’s exactly what you should play on. Incentivise existing customers to tell their friends and family about you, post about you on social media, and shout about you from their rooftops. Again, think: high perceived value but low cost to you.
- Advertise. It doesn’t have to be expensive (you’d be surprised what you can get), but building and maintaining your brand awareness is crucial to getting new customers through the door. Think about your target customer profile from point one and pick your medium (online, radio, print etc.) according to where you’re most likely to find them.
So, there we have it. No need to hide away from those difficult to reach new customers any more, five very simple points for you to take away and think about. You may need to take half an hour out of your hectic schedule to do it, but you’ll soon start seeing the value.
Oh, and those hard to reach new customers? We’ve got that covered too. Our website and social media channels are packed full of people new to the area who are looking for advice on where to go, what to do and who to go with. What’s more, we love supporting local businesses such as yours! So, what are you waiting for? Take a look at what we do and let’s get some new customers through your door!